Friday, March 12, 2010

Adventures at Bedtime

I love my son to pieces, he is one of the funniest kids I know. We have had several occasions where he will wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom but instead will lose his way. One night we thought he was going to pee in his toy box, LOL.

Last night was particularly funny. I heard the bathroom door open and I assumed one of the kids were going to the restroom. I walked past our hallway and noticed our hall closet open, this is where we keep all of our bathroom stuff. It took me a second to realize that it was not supposed to be like that. I took a couple of steps back to see what was going on. I have to say I was very surprised to see that my son was standing in front of it 3/4 asleep, pants and underwear around his ankle, reaching for something. I asked him what he was doing, he said "nothin" as he is putting his toothbrush back. It was very obvious that he was still mostly asleep. I asked him what he was looking for in the closet, his answer "cartoons" It took everything I had to keep my calm and help the poor child.

I asked him if he needed to go pee, since his pants were down. He said yes so I told him to go to the bathroom. He turns around and goes in the bathroom and starts to pull his pants up before going pee. I told him to pull his pants back down, lift the toilet seat up, and go pee. My poor sleepy boy pulls his pants back down, lifts the toilet seat up, and tries to sit to pee. Isaac has not sat down to pee for quite a while now. When he goes to sit down he almost falls completely in. He finally finished and I sent him back to bed. I had to check and make sure he actually made it back to bed.

It took everything I had to not go in and wake up Tommy to tell him the entire story.

Now I have to come up with a plan for Isaac. Obviously he is fast becoming a frequent sleep walker. I might have to safety proof my house for my almost 5 year old at night...........big sigh.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany