Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Arachnophobia

Arachnophobia is defined by wikipedia as the irrational fear of spiders. This can be very serious and can affect people badly.

I respect people that have this fear, I really do. That being said my husband has a severe case of arachnophobia and I am constantly making fun of him.

I took Chloe's diaper off when we got home today and since she had not peed in it I decided to use it as a sort of practical joke for my kids. Elizabeth was in the bathroom washing her hands so I decided to take a fake toy spider and put it in the diaper and I told Elizabeth there was a spider in it. I then opened the diaper super fast and moved it very quickly towards her. She got a quick look of panick and fear on her face and then laughed. I know this sounds mean to do to an unsuspecting 4 year old but hey I get my laughs where I can, don't judge. I thought Elizabeth's reaction was funny so I tried it on Isaac and got a similar reaction, but not as frightened.

Tommy was in the kitchen and had no clue what I had just done to his children, or else he would have been a part of it. Well I took this lack of knowledge and used it against him. I took the spider and put it back in the diaper and did the same thing to Tommy. Those of you that actually know Tommy are probably already laughing. Tommy had a quick moment of shock and fear but unlike his kids he was not quiet, he had to add a scared "Ahhhh" in there. I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe, I am sure Tommy would have been embarrassed if I had not seen him freak out about real or fake spiders in the past.

I do have to defend Tommy and say that this spider was VERY scary looking. I mean it was orange. Take a look at this scary thing.............the spider that scared my family:


Scary huh

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany