Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Friends are the Spice of My Life.

This post is dedicated to a few of my friends that have recently decided to "come out" about their dislike of certain spices. I tried to convince them to have an open mind about the spices but they are some pretty stubborn friends. Since my friends have decided to become so stubborn on the issue I thought I would educate them through this post about the spices they have so openly dissed.

Kathy has a strong dislike of the spice Cilantro. The following information is for Kathy.
NOTE: This information all comes from a very REPUTABLE source.......the internet.
Cilantro: "One of the most widely used and loved spices in the world"
Health Benefits
-Protects agains Salmonella
-Aids in digestion
-Lowers blood sugar
-Lowers bad cholesterol and highers good cholesetrol
-Good source of iron and fiber (CECILIA you could benefit from this)
-Relieves intestional gas (K** could benefit from this)
It also "disinfects and helps detoxify the body"..............this is helpful when one quits a cleanse and takes up drinking lots of wine. :P

Patty has a strong dislike of Cumin. Patty's dislike is completely unfounded, she dislikes it simply because of it's name, tsk tsk.
The benefits of cumin may come in very helpful for my friends, especially if you knew what they shared with me :-x
Benefits:
-"Boost the power of the liver's ability to detoxify the human body" (hmmm wonder what would affect the liver....drink me)
-Helps with flatulence, indigestion, diarrhea, and nausea. I would say Cumin could even replace the good ole Pepto.

Kim has a dislike for Cream of Tartar.
Cream of Tartar happens to be a byproduct of winemaking, Patty and Kathy both seem to like wine. How can something that comes from the process of making wine be bad. Perhaps this is why Patty and Kathy have both kept their mouths(typing) shut about cream of tartar.
It is also used to make baking powder.
It is a "vital ingredient in Play-Doh" If you get rid of cream of tartar you get rid of a favorite kid passtime :( NOT GOOD.

I hope that my friends have gained very useful information from this post and will carry it with them for the rest of their lives. Next time you are given a dish, such as chili and someone has added cilantro or cumin to it don't turn your nose in the air, instead you should be relieved that it may help with some of the side effects (flatulence/intestional gas) the chili may cause.

Final note of the day: Drink your wine and eat your spices to help your liver fight off the wine.

Love you gals :)

3 comments:

The Ralph Family said...

What great information! Love you amy!!!!!!!!

Kahalley's said...

I just want to say, for the record, that I am NOT anti Cream of Tartar! I was simply making an example of that particular spice to show how hurtful it can be to some of the spices out there when somebody exhibits racism towards a particular ethnicity of spices.

Patricia said...

Wow.. I guess I may need to add the cumin after all! =)

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany