Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Death

My kids have not really had much exposure to death and dying, except for the tons of bugs that they have taken the lives of. Today it was really nice outside so we decided to play in the back yard. Isaac was leading us out there and our dog lady came to greet us. Isaac started yelling at me and his exact words were "Momma, Lady died a bird" Our lovely dog was carrying around a bird that she had captured. I quickly covered up the bird that she dropped at my feet and waited for Tommy to take care of it, no way was I going to touch the nasty thing.
You would think that was the end of the story but not if you know my kids. Our neighbors were outside playing across the street and I guess Isaac thought they should know that Lady got a bird. I am sure my entire neighborhood now knows that "LADY DIED A BIRD!" thanks to Isaac yelling it. At least it sounds better than saying killed.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany